Thank you to everyone for helping us make National Donate Life Month a success! Here’s a quick recap on some of the great activities that took place on and offline throughout April.
– Our “I Heart Organ Donors” video drew some great response from viewers!
– Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White launched his new annual TV and radio ad campaign promoting organ & tissue donation.
– Hundreds of hospitals across the nation celebrated April by participating in the Flags Across America effort.
– College of DuPage, Illinois State University and the University of Illinois helped us register hundreds of new college students as donors.
– Our April 17 National Facebook Photo/Status Update Day attracted over 1,700 participants to help spread the word and encourage registration on the popular social networking site.
– DLI joined supporters and volunteers with Morgan D’ Organ for a early morning visit to NBC plaza.
– Thousands learned about the importance of donation through lots of great TV and radio interviews as well as newspaper stories and blogs.
Thanks to everyone for helping and let’s keep spreading the word!