Believe it or not, fall is almost here, which means Bears football in Chicago!
This season, Donate Life Illinois and Astellas Pharma US, are partnering with the Chicago Bears to launch the Tackle the Shortage: Donate Life Challenge, a campaign to increase the number of registered donors in Illinois. Currently, more than 4,700 Illinois residents and 100,000 people nationwide continue to wait for lifesaving transplants. If you’re out and about at Bears games, please visit the Tackle the Shortage tent at the Bears Ultimate Tailgate events on September 20, October 4, November 1 and November 8 where you’ll be able to:
* Join the Illinois donor registry
* Ask Donate Life Illinois volunteers your questions about donation
* Gather information and resources regarding the donor registry
* Spin the Prize Wheel for a chance to win a Tackle the Shortage Walter Payton commemorative Donate Life license plate keychain
* Order Organ Donor License Plates that honor Chicago Bears’ great Walter Payton, an advocate for organ donation, and also help fund organ donor awareness efforts across the state.
Come on out, say hi and encourage others to register!