Starting in October 2011, Donate Life Illinois is revitalizing the Workplace Partners Campaign in an effort to register organ and tissue donors in offices, factories or wherever workers go to keep our economy rolling. The Workplace Partners Campaign is a collaborative venture that teams Donate Life Illinois and workplaces across Illinois in a joint effort to save lives through organ and tissue donation.
Since the Campaign was launched in 2006, the number of registered organ and tissue donors in Illinois has increased to nearly 6
million people. But there’s more work to be done. More than 110,000 Americans—nearly 5,000 of them in Illinois—are desperately waiting for lifesaving organ transplants. Last year, the wait went on too long for more than 300 Illinois residents who died while waiting for a transplant. We must do more. And that’s where the Workplace Partners Campaign comes in.
Workplaces across Illinois have recognized the need for more registered donors and have decided to step up to help. Many organizations are volunteering to host Virtual Donor Drives to educate their staffs about the importance of registering as organ and tissue donors. We’re calling on more companies to follow their lead.
Hosting a Virtual Donor Drive takes just three easy steps:
- Visit Donate Life Illinois to join the campaign.
- Set a registration goal for your company.
- Send an e-mail (usually from the Human Resources or Communications Department) to your company’s entire staff with a call to action to join the Illinois Organ/Tissue Donor Registry.
Each organization that registers as a Workplace Partner will be given a unique, workplace-specific, online “microsite” that lets organizations:
- Track how many employees register as donors and monitor the organization’s progress toward their registration goal.
- Share inspiring messages on why they registered as organ and tissue donors.
- Tap rich information resources on organ and tissue donation.
Visit DonateLifeWorkplace.org to surf the Workplace Partners Web site and learn more about the Workplace Partners Campaign. If you have questions about the Campaign or would your organization like to enroll, contact Workplace Partners Campaign Manager Josh Muller at email@example.com or 630/758-2743.