It’s Morgan D’Organ, your favorite liver mascot, here to let you know about my statewide tour to promote organ and tissue donation! This is my FAVORITE time of year. I get to meet thousands of Illinoisans at fairs, festivals and concerts with the goal of building awareness for donation and encouraging people to become lifesaving organ and tissue donors.
Last year was amazing (more than 3,700 people said “Yes” to donation at our events), but I have a feeling that 2012 will be even better. Here’s a list of where you can find me, Mr. Morgan D’Organ, throughout the summer:
- Saturday, June 9th – Brad Paisley Concert at Wrigley Field
- Friday, June 22nd – Strawberry Days in Long Grove
- Sunday, June 24th – Sugarland Concert in Tinley Park
- Saturday, June 30th – Oakfest in Oak Forest
- Friday, June 29th – Naperville Ribfest in Naperville
- Saturday, July 7th – Kenny Chesney Concert at Soldier Field
- Friday, July 13th – LoopFest at Toyota Park
- Wednesday, July 25th – DuPage County Fair in Wheaton
- Thursday, July 26th – Fiesta Del Sol in Chicago
- Saturday, July 28th – Rascal Flatts Concert in Tinley Park
- Saturday, August 18th – Jason Aldean Concert in Tinley Park
- Friday, August 18th – Urbana Sweet Corn Festival in Urbana
- Sunday, August 26th – Quad Day at University of Illinois
- Thursday, August 30th – On the Waterfront in Rockford
- Friday, August 31st – Naperville Last Fling in Naperville
- September 14th & 15th – NASCAR Weekend at Chicago Speedway
- Friday, September 28th – Long Grove Apple Festival
- Friday, October 5th – Scarecrow Festival in St. Charles
If you’re at any of these events, stop by the Gift of Hope tent to say “Hello”, take a picture and receive a FREE Gift of Hope drawstring bag!
You can follow the tour on the Gift of Hope Facebook page where we’ll post pictures and updates from across the state. Also, follow Gift of Hope on Twitter (@GiftofHope), which I occasionally take over to share news and updates from the road.
See you soon!
Your Friend, Morgan D’Organ