May 4, 2009
Thank you to everyone for helping us make National Donate Life Month a success! Here’s a quick recap on some of the great activities that took place on and offline throughout April.
– Our “I Heart Organ Donors” video drew some great response from viewers!
– Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White launched his new annual TV and radio ad campaign promoting organ & tissue donation.
– Donate Life Illinois ran their latest CTA ads and placed an ad in every edition of RedEye Chicago.
– Hundreds of hospitals across the nation celebrated April by participating in the Flags Across America effort.
– College of DuPage, Illinois State University and the University of Illinois helped us register hundreds of new college students as donors.
– Our April 17 National Facebook Photo/Status Update Day attracted over 1,700 participants to help spread the word and encourage registration on the popular social networking site.
– Donate Life America launched their Facebook fan page! In addition, thanks to everyone who has joined our DLI Facebook fan page and cause.
– DLI joined supporters and volunteers with Morgan D’ Organ for a early morning visit to NBC plaza.
– Thousands learned about the importance of donation through lots of great TV and radio interviews as well as newspaper stories and blogs.
Thanks to everyone for helping and let’s keep spreading the word!
April 17, 2009
Huge thanks to everyone who came out bright and early this morning to join us at NBC and thanks to NBC for the plugs promoting organ donation!
They even came out to join us for a quick dance.
Remember, today is National Donate Life Facebook Photo/Status Update Day! Be sure to join in the effort!
August 15, 2008
As I was heading out of my apartment this morning, I happened to catch the tail end of NBC’s local morning newscast. I was intrigued to see that they have made “Dance Friday” a regular segment on the show. I was looking back at some old Dance Friday segments and was excited to see a variety of different mascots making their way to the NBC plaza downtown to break out some dance moves with the show’s anchors and crew.
You may recall from back in April that we were down on the NBC plaza with Morgan D’ Organ to help promote National Donate Life Month and unbeknownst to us, help kick off the very first Dance Friday session. Here’s a refresher of the good times (who knew Morgan would be such a trendsetter?!):
I also discovered this week that PA has followed suit with their own organ donation mascot called Heart Man. Hop over and drop him a hello. Who knows, maybe next year we’ll have a whole organ donor mascot family shreddin’ the floor.
*Going offline next week, back the week of Aug. 25!